ABSOLUTELY! Not all direct mail companies are created equal. Much of our competition just slaps together poorly crafted artwork and mails it, leading to a poor response. At MembersToday, we think carefully about the emotional and financial issues that trigger the consumer’s impulse to respond to your offer.
Solo direct mail is the single most effective way to attract new members to your health club, but like any other type of advertising you must know the key ingredients to make it work. Call us today to find out how to do direct mail right.
This is a myth. The fact is, if 10 offers that you were interested in came in the mail every day, you would keep them all! If the consumer sees value in what your offering, they will NOT discard your advertising. It’s that simple!
- Visibility: With solo direct mail the consumer does NOT have to open an envelope or magazine to see your ad. They ABSOLUTELY must view your ad when they sort through their mail.
- Timing: Solo direct mail is executed on your time table, not your print vendor’s time table. Most coupon pack mailers and magazine style ads are published on a rigid schedule, and some only publish 4 to 6 times per year.
- Direct Competition: Don’t split your response with your direct competitors. Almost all coupon pack mailers do NOT restrict your competitors from being in the same envelope as you. Are you willing to split your response with them? Solo direct mail brings your company to center stage in front of the consumer, while silencing your competition.
- Small Format vs Large Format: Coupon packs are always in a much smaller format than a 5×8 or 6×11.5 postcard. There is far less ad space to communicate your message. With a 6×11.5 postcard your product photos can be larger and have more impact. You can leave more white space so not to crowd your ad. Consumers respond better to ads with more white space. If your ad is too crowded with information, a consumer loses interest quickly and discards your ad.
- Quality: The quality of the printing and paper from these alternatives is below average. They are often run in bulk on newspaper style printing presses, with dull colors that are often out of registration (you’ve seen them – the photos that look blurry or fuzzy).Why does this matter so much? Direct mail is an opportunity to bring your product or service into a consumer’s home. If you sold vacuum cleaners door-to-door, would you bring an old rusty vacuum cleaner with you as your demo unit? No. You would bring the shiny new one. The visual appeal of your product or service on paper is critical. It’s the difference between the consumer thinking “might need” or “must have!”
The artwork itself is often the most underestimated part of advertising. Think of the artwork as a fishing lure. If you don’t use the right lure, you don’t catch any fish. We know all the techniques for making the consumer respond. We don’t care about design awards. Our highest priority is to generate new members for your club.
- Specialization & Superior Knowledge: Unlike other direct mail companies, we specialize in advertising for the health and fitness industry. We are extremely knowledgeable about your industry and your promotional needs. We have a dedicated team of professionals that watch your job at every stage of the process. Whether it’s choosing your mailing routes, crafting your promotion, designing the graphics, printing, or scheduling your mail, we’ve got an expert for it. And, most importantly, our direct mail promotions get results!
- Promotions That Work!: We offer time tested postcard designs. We know the designs work, because they’ve already been tested in the field and have brought results. All of the designs on our web site have been massaged and tweaked to maximize response, based on feedback from actual consumers. As a club owner you don’t have to take the risks associated with creating the promotion and artwork from scratch yourself. We’ve done all the heavy lifting for you.
- Partnership: While our competition sees you as just a client, we see you as a partner. We don’t just mail ads for you. We put every effort forward to make your company a success, including free consulting on promotional strategies, how to handle leads, sales and closing techniques, best practices, pricing strategies, and much more.
We have the fastest turnaround time in the industry. We can design, print, and have your promotion in mailboxes in 2 weeks or less.